Once again, the Summer is fast approaching and the weather is getting warmer. There are worries of damaging skin and hair during this season. Here are some tip that will keep your skin and hair more healthy.
- Wash your face at least 3-4 times a day with a mild/light cleanser. Use a gel based scrub at least once or twice a week to get rid of the dead skin cells and help keep your face look smooth and clear.
- peaking of dead skin, that is what causes dandruff. I, myself, have dandruff but I keep it light by using Apple Cider Vinegar (another post later on how to remove dandruff naturally). In general, to protect your hair from getting dry or damaged, oil your hair and let the oil soak in for about an hour before you shampoo. I personally use a natural hair product and conditioner for my hair before going to the beach or going out period. Make sure that you deep condition your hair twice a week at least to keep your hair healthy!
- During the summertime, I don’t apply too much lip balm or lip gloss but I make sure there is hydration to my life. ALWAYS Apply a sunscreen if you are outdoors and reapply at least once in four hours if your work demands you to be outdoors or you are spending the day at the beach! Don’t forget to wear a shirt even if you are hiding from the sun.
- Always be hydrated: Drink lots of water. Honestly, that is all I drink. If I want some fruit juice, I drink them at home or when I am indoors. I suggest consuming more of vegetable salads and fruit salads they will keep you hydrated. (oily, deep fried and spicy foods in the summer will tend to accumulate oil on your skin and kind make you feel drained)
- If you are going to use makeup or wear a lot of makeup then use light shades for your eyes and lips, giving it the summer look.
- If you are going to be out for a long time, be sure that you wear shades to protect your eyes and a scarf or a hat to protect your hair, face and eyes. Do everything to protect yourself.